- To promote equal partnership between young people and adults at both regional and member association levels
- To promote sharing of best practices on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health among young people and Member Associations in the region
- To have a strong network of young people that can easily be mobilized to accelerate IPPF’s adolescent and youth agenda in the region
- To enhance Youth participation/involvement/empowerment and representation at regional and member association levels
Membership is open to youth aged 18-24 years.
If you are interested in joining the Youth Action Movement, please contact Ms Wame Gori @ (+267) 72244264, +(267)3900489 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Those wishing to run for YAM election, are requested to pay a P100 membership fee. Every three years, individuals are elected for the positions of YAM President, Vice-President, and Secretariat.
- Individuals should posses a minimum of tertiary qualification (or pursuing) from a recognized institution
- Familiar with youth development policies including Sexual and Reproductive Health
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a linkage between policy making bodies and youth membership.
- Build local and international Partnerships
- Catalyze Advocacy programmes
- Participation in Governance and management
- Linking SRH to Entertainment/Sport and other non SRH Development
- Provide HIV/AIDS, SRH services and information.