Position: Data collectors (x9)
Duration: 1 week
The Data Collection Officer will be responsible for administering and entering project related baseline and end line survey starting from data collection to data entry. Enumerators will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of Research Officers/ Managers
- Conduct research and collect information by assigned methods
- Appropriate documentation of and report results
- Be able to move around to designated areas and conduct interviews
- Assist participants by reading forms and answering questions.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided by the Program team.
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit daily-completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor.
- As part of each assignment, data collectors will participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Work according to the project needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews and data entry
- Willingness to learn and goal oriented
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English and Setswana
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality.
- Practical experience working with adolescents and young people on HIV/SRHR issues.
Profile of Behaviour
Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with participants and maintain confidentiality.
Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Botswana.
Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting what the respondents are meaning or confusing the reader.
Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com not later than 27 October 2021
Or submit to 23769 Chikwamba Road G-West Phase 4 – along Letlhabile Primary School Road – Opposite Mega Size College (No mail postage)
Please state the job title in the subject line of your email
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and virtual training will be the first week of November.
Note: Mode of data collection will be by use of personal smart phones.