Vacancy position- Finance Officer (Cash book) – Gaborone Branch
The Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) is looking to fill the position of Finance Officer at its Gaborone. BOFWA is a leading national non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It has five branches across the country and has built strong partnerships with Community Based Organizations, other non –governmental organizations and groups of vulnerable underserved populations.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting
- All respondents to be highly computer literate and conversant with the latest audit/accounting ware soft in use Case ware and experience in using Pastel Accounting Software.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years and prior experience with non-profit organization’s preferred
- Assist Finance & Administration Director with general accounting and providing all necessary financial documents and information for auditing.
- Receive financial statements from the bank(s) and reconcile all deposits and withdrawals monthly.
- Prepares vouchers and cheques for the release of funds and procure logistics as approved.
- Ensure maximum compliance of tax laws, especially PAYE
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at branches essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decision based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity, team player and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
Keys of proficiency
- Provide training & orientation to staff on donor rules & regulations as well as the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensure credibility of finance function by providing timely and accurate financial reports timeously.
- Insure effective internal controls are in place’.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Detailed current Curriculum Vitae & BICA membership Certificate
- Certified copies of Academic and professional Certificate and Omang copy & two work related references
Applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th January 2023.
Hand deliver to: Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) Plot 23769, Phase 4, Gaborone. Phone 3900489
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.