The Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) is looking to fill the position of Nurse/Midwife ARV Prescriber at its Kasane, Mochudi and Kanye Offices. BOFWA is a leading national non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It has five branches across the country and has built strong partnerships with Community Based Organizations, other non –governmental organizations and groups of vulnerable underserved populations. BOFWA has pioneered and is continually expanding provision of information and services to Adolescents and young people as well as other vulnerable and underserved populations.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Diploma or a Degree in General Nursing with Post Basic Diploma in Midwifery.
- Certificate in ARV Prescribing and Dispensing
- Must be registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Botswana
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience as a Midwife & one (1) year as an ARV prescriber & Dispenser.
Main purpose of the job
- Provision of SRH services including Family Planning
- Insertion and removal of modern contraceptive (devices) implants
- Provision of health information on sexually transmitted infections to the youth
- Coordination of projects, reports and proposal writing
- Ensures all BOFWA and Government policies & standard operating procedures are adhered to by all staff
- Supervision of subordinates, community support staff and management of clinical commodities
- Provision of Covid-19 activities including vaccination
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at branches essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decision based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity, team player and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
Applicants must provide the following:
- Detailed current Curriculum Vitae and current practicing license
- Certified copies of Academic, professional Certificate, Omang copy and two work related references
Applications must be emailed to: email@example.com not later than 30th June 2022.
Hand deliver to: Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) Plot 23769, Phase 4, Gaborone. Phone 3900489
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.